[Cod-users] deposition problem

Masami mkanzaki at okayama-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 24 05:13:18 EET 2017

Dear all,

From last October, I have been depositing crystal structure data to COD
picked up from mineralogy and ceramics journals published in Japan.

I will continue, but I have a problem for deposition.
Quite often, mineralogy papers contain a series of structural data of single
sample with different pressure or temperature conditions.
When depositing these data (first one of the series is fine, but for following data),
I have an error message saying that there is already same data, and I can not proceed.
I noticed that not all data have this problem, but when temperature or pressure difference
is small from previously deposited one.
I suppose criteria to identify as same data is rather loose.
I tried to explicitly include “_diffrn_ambient_temperature" or “_diffrn_ambient_pressure" tag,
but no effect.

Is there any trick to avoid this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Masami Kanzaki
Institute for Planetary Materials
Okayama University