[TCOD] What structures do we accept to TCOD?

Armel le Bail Armel.le_Bail at univ-lemans.fr
Mon Jul 28 08:23:44 UTC 2014

Dear DFT-optimizers (and others),

Since it is time to questions, I have one.

DFT-optimized structures are done in a great variety of cases, one
being when the refinement quality against experimental data (powder,
etc) is poor due to an unfavourable ratio P/D (parameters/Data).

However, I have almost never seen the comparison of the experimental
data to the intensities calculated from the optimized atomic
coordinates... I have especially in mind a "simple" example, calcium
carbonate, vaterite form, for which dozens of optimized models were
proposed, without even one comparison to the data...

So the question is :
In case of the existence of an experimental dataset, should a
comparison observed/calculated be requested (classical R values but
with fixed coordinates) ?

Best,

Armel