[TCOD] CECAM workshop "Towards a Common Format for Computational Materials Science Data"

Saulius Gražulis grazulis at ibt.lt
Tue Jan 26 07:41:56 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

I am currently at the CECAM workshop "Towards a Common Format for
Computational Materials Science Data", which has direct and very
important relevance to the TCOD and our dictionaries. This afternoon,
I'll give a talk on the TCOD, other crystallographic databases and their
potential for crystallography:

http://www.crystallography.net/archives/2016/slides/2016-Lausanne-CECAM/slides.pdf

Yesterday people presented Nomad and MGI databases, a very impressive
development since the last CECAM meeting.

My main goal would be to make sure that TCOD dictionaries, Nomad and MGI
ontologies are all compatible so that we can seamlessly exchange data
between experimental and theoretical applications.

All you ideas and comments are very welcome! (and my apologies if I
inadvertently forgot someone in the acknowledgements -- please remind me
;) )

Sincerely yours,
Saulius

--