[TCOD] CECAM workshop "Towards a Common Format for Computational Materials Science Data"

Stefaan Cottenier stefaan.cottenier at ugent.be
Tue Jan 26 07:52:44 UTC 2016

> I am currently at the CECAM workshop "Towards a Common Format for
> Computational Materials Science Data", which has direct and very
> important relevance to the TCOD and our dictionaries.

Hello Saulius,

It's funny, I'm getting several e-mail reports about what is going on in
this workshop -- almost 'live'. That's a strong indication it's a good
event, and it compensates a tiny bit for me not being able to be there.

I had a quick look at your slides. No specific comments. We are rapidly
evolving from a situation with no proper description standard to a
situation of competing standards. The challenge is to turn that
competition into true collaboration. I sincerely hope this workshop can
contribute to that.

Best regards,
Stefaan

--